Monday, 22 October 2018
Saturday, 13 October 2018
I haven't had any time for crafting recently but couldn't not make my mum an 80th card.
I wanted to use colours other than pink/ purple/ lilacs so decided to use copper and brown for an Autumnal feel.
The card is 8 x 8 inches and the background paper I've used is Stampin' Up!
Number dies are from eBay, I cut four times and layered them up before adding Glossy Accents and just a touch of chunky glitter.
Letter dies are by Tonic, other dies are Spellbinders.
Friday, 5 October 2018
Tuesday, 11 September 2018
Friday, 7 September 2018
The start of this year's Christmas cards!
I've used a sentiment die from Lawn Fawn with snow-foiled acetate by Hunkydory
Deer/ tree die from eBay.
The acetate layer has been cut larger than the mat it sits on and scored each side to give a bowed effect.
Sunday, 2 September 2018
Tuesday, 28 August 2018
Tuesday, 21 August 2018
Stamp and matching dies are from a set by Crafters Companion (Peony).
I really like these sets and think they're pretty good value, I'm trying to decide which Christmas ones to get...
Part of the appeal is that the finished card isn't too bulky so should hopefully be okay to post on a normal stamp, plus they're so quick and easy to do.
Sentiment is a stamp by Clearly Besotted.
Wednesday, 15 August 2018
For one of my lovely ladies. Joan's favourite flowers are poppies so every year I try to make a card with them on.
This is an 8- inch swing card, card blank is from Crafter's Companion.
The poppy stamp set is an old one from Docrafts and I've decoupaged it. Alphabet dies from eBay and I have no idea what brand the leaf die is.
Wednesday, 8 August 2018
I came across this style card - an Arrow fold - while browsing Pinterest recently.
There's an excellent tutorial by Sam on Mixed Up Crafts and the card was very easy to make.
Finished card is 6 x 6 inches.
Sentiment stamp by Just Rite
Flower stamps - not sure, will check later
Sunday, 5 August 2018
Monday, 30 July 2018
Friday, 27 July 2018
Saturday, 21 July 2018
A 'happy accident' card.
I used distress inks for the yellow background, it was originally for something else but I made a mistake on it. Then I stamped the black frame (Phill Martin stamp) and made another mistake - there was a big black ink smudge in the middle...used a square die to cut that out...then tore the frame...so used a butterfly die-cut to cover the tear! I mounted the yellow frame on foam pads.
I wasn't sure what to use on the inside of the frame but could see a small pot of bronze gilding flakes on my desk, I decided to stamp a Lili of the Valley greeting with tacky glue and added the gilding flakes.
To say it was all a "make it up as I go along" card I am pleased with how it turned out :)
Tuesday, 17 July 2018
Card I made recently for my friend Dawn, she loves hedgehogs.
The colours are slightly out, the stamped card is actually a pale blush pink.
Hedgehog stamps were unbranded from ebay, I've used SU copper embossing powder.
'Friend' die by Sue Wilson.
In hindsight I don't think I should have distressed the edges but Dawn loved the card so never mind :)
Friday, 13 July 2018
Monday, 9 July 2018
Card is 7 x 7 inches and was inspired by one I'd seen on Pinterest by Shawn de Oliveria
Flower stamp by Stampin' Up! which has been heat-embossed on watercolour card. The image was coloured using SU ink pads and a water brush.
I started with a piece of water colour card four inches high but about six inches wide and stamped the image. I've then fussy cut the left hand side of the stamped flower and used a paper trimmer at the top and bottom of the image to trim it to four inches square.
Sentiment is a Sue Wilson die
Sunday, 24 June 2018
No usual card making the last couple of weeks because I've been busy making wedding invitations for my good friend Dawn and her fiancé Steve.
We started planning the design, colour etc together way back at the start of the year. Over the last few months things got changed and added on...then all of a sudden time seemed to run out and I had to get cracking!
Dawn and her fiancé liked the pocket-fold style so I ordered those direct from China. The template for the printed pieces was from Etsy, this included the fonts, and the sizes are all worked out, so you get a guide where to cut and it really saves wasting card.
The right side of the pieces looked a little plain but we were wary of adding an embellishment with any depth. Anything like a gem would leave an imprint on the opposite side once it was all folded. In the end I just heat embossed a silver swirl on to the pocket.
For he belly-bands I used a sparkly ivory card from Papermill Direct and their pearlescent pink card for the top layer. The 'wedding invitation' stamp (also did some 'evening invitations') was from a set that my mum bought me about ten or twelve years ago, which goes to show that there's always a use for something, eventually.
Now I can breathe a bit more easily for a couple of weeks or so. Table plan still to do and also some sort of boxes for favours...