Thursday, 30 June 2011
Tuesday, 28 June 2011
Sunday, 26 June 2011
Friday, 24 June 2011
Wednesday, 22 June 2011
This was the Father's Day card we made at SU class.
I couldn't give this one to my dad because my mum made the same card (she comes to class with me) and she wanted to give him it.
A new technique we learned was how to make a splattered effect with a felt-pen and a spritzer tool.
I guess I'll be putting the spritzer tool thingy on my next order.
Tuesday, 21 June 2011
This is the card I made for my dad this year, he loves anything nautical.
Image is Anita's, I found the verse on the internet.
Faux bow (strip of ribbon, small piece of looped ribbon attached horizontally and then a smaller loop going over both vertically).
Monday, 20 June 2011
Saturday, 18 June 2011
Thursday, 16 June 2011
Tuesday, 14 June 2011
Sunday, 12 June 2011
Friday, 10 June 2011
I don't like this card but thought I'd show it anyway!
When I've been blog-hopping I've seen quite a few cards made with SU 'Baby Blossoms' stamp set, mostly in pinks and blues. I thought I'd try a completely different colour scheme and when I did I realised why the pink and blue is so popular (because it looks nice! mine looks dull).
Wednesday, 8 June 2011
I really like Orla Kiely's designs but have got fed up waiting for her to bring out a craft line. Instead I bought a scent diffuser and cut up the packaging to make cards with (I did actually want the diffuser, I'm not mad enough to buy something just for the box!)
In the end I managed to get four cards from the one, quite small, box so was happy with that.
Monday, 6 June 2011
My wedding anniversary today so I made this card for my husband.
I wanted to try something a bit different to the usual hearts etc.
I've used clear embossing ink and powder with an Autumn Leaves swirl stamp. All the word stickers down the left hand side are by K&Company, the glitter stickers on the right are by Making Memories.
Saturday, 4 June 2011
Thursday, 2 June 2011
I'd been looking for some over-sized pegs for a very long time with absolutely no luck. I think part of the problem was I have no idea what the correct name for them is so Google just brought up normal wooden clothes pegs.
Anyway I finally discovered them in a craft shop at Embsay near Skipton. They have a website here.
I wasn't sure whether or not to take the pegs to bits and then paint/ varnish. My worry was that I would not be able to put them back together! I know there's not much to a peg but sometimes in the past I have painted things and it has altered them somewhat with regards to size, ie drawers no longer fitting etc.
So for the first one I decided to keep it simple and just slap some patterned paper on, adhered with Mod Podge. Paper, button and seam binding all by Stampin' Up.
I purposely put the paper on upside down because I knew I would mostly be using the peg upside down too, as a memo holder.
Literally a five minute project :)