Friday 7 May 2010

House Mouse


Please ignore my awful colouring in! I love these House Mouse stamps but there is a lot of fine detail and my Copic nibs are a touch too big to be totally accurate (plus I'm always rushing).

In fact because my colouring in was so bad I ended up having to cut around the image so I could re-mount it on another piece of card. That was a bit of a mistake because all the fiddly bits were a nightmare to trim round, oh well we live and learn!



So I used Copics to colour the image which is House Mouse "Berried Strawberries". A white gel pen was dotted on the berries and then I added some Glossy Accents just as a highlight on each berry (next time I might try covering the whole berry with gloss but I quite like the highlight effect).
The red card is Core'dinations, I ran it through the Cuttlebug using the Swiss Dots folder and then sanded the tops off the dots so the white core shows through (just used an emery board to do this). I tend to forget I can sand after embossing but love the way it looks especially on this card, kind of matches the berries. I had to add the green band across the middle to hide the join of the red card - too wide to go through the Cuttlebug in one piece. Sentiment is Jane's Script by Woodware.

1 comment:

Hi it's Maria said...

cool card susan, I thought you got matching paper with it, not through the cuttlebug, great idea...

and as the the sentiment, I ordered the set last week when crafts u love had free P&P, so thanks for the tip off of where to get them, now it's finding the time to use them ,lol..

maria xx