Sunday 22 February 2015

Best Wishes



Last week's project at card club, peacock paper is Bo Bunny and the scallop die is by Tattered Lace.

The sentiment stamp is Hero Arts and we used a combination of ink and a Whisper brush marker to get a two-tone effect.

One of my ladies has been making up some kits for the class to use; patterned paper plus co-ordinating card-stock, ribbons, buttons etc.
I buy the products from her and then think up the project. It is a novelty for me because at the old card club everyone made what they liked, since we've been at Tesco (November) we do a class project every week instead.






I'm still trying to get used to having a more structured club. I have to be aware that everyone needs to use the same equipment so it can't be anything too time-consuming in that respect, plus we need to have enough of identical materials so everyone can make the same card (which isn't always as easy at is sounds).

What doesn't take so long at home, when there's just me using the rubber stamp or the die, turns into something else entirely when there's twelve people sharing. Fortunately the ladies have been very patient and forgiving of my slap-dash style!

All in all I am so pleased we had the opportunity to move from the old venue. I do miss my old regulars who felt unable to make the move, luckily some of the ladies did stick with me, plus I have gained lovely new members. I'm very pleased to say our club is now full, I just need to think of enough projects to keep us going...



No comments: