Sunday 15 March 2015

Mother's Day



I was so pleased to be able make this card for my mum for Mothering Sunday this year.

A few days after Christmas, through absolutely no fault of her own, she was knocked down by a car (someone reversing from a driveway said 'he did not see' my mum and dad standing on the pavement). My dad was okay but my mum took the full impact and was thrown onto the road, she suffered injuries and has had other health complications since but we are so grateful she is still with us.

Now you know why I had not much time or inclination for crafting and blogging through January and February!




The card is 8 x 8 inches.

I used a grand Nestie circle die to cut through the front of the card, and the same die to cut a sentiment panel for the inside. Then I cut a scalloped circle out of purple card, put the plain circle die inside that and cut again.
So basically the sentiment panel is glued inside but visible from the outside.

The 'mum' stamp is by Papermania and the other is SU.
Patterned paper is Tilda, leaves die is Sue Wilson, and all flowers are Hobbycraft.





Thinking of those who find Mother's Day difficult.xx.

No comments: