Wednesday, 19 August 2015

Tent-fold Card

A quick tutorial to how I made the tent-fold card shown earlier today. Obviously I didn't invent this style of card but I did use my own measurements.

I used a sheet of A3 card, metric score board (mine is Martha Stewart with a SU metric overlay) and an X-Cut guillotine.

First I folded the card in half, long edge to long edge.
I'd bought packs of A3 cheaply at one of the craft shows, the only problem with it is that it's too large to fit in my guillotines and I'm dangerous with a craft knife...

After folding in half I cut off 7cm from one end (ignore that horizontal pencil mark, it's the vertical line that should be cut)

I then opened the card out and scored at 1cm, 4cm, 7cm, and 21cm.

Where I'd scored at 21cm I folded this down, then rotated the card 90 degrees.
Doing this meant I could now fit it into the guillotine, no craft knife needed (but a firm pressure to get through two layers of card at once)

This left me with two card blanks, ready scored to be made into tent-folds.

To make the aperture for the card shown I opened the card blank out and just used a circle die for the 'middle' section.

Some ultra-sticky tape on the smallest scored section (1cm) and then embellished.

No comments: