Thursday 31 January 2019

Card Club



No cards in this post but some photos and an explanation for my card club ladies.




This was taken standing on the beach, very close to the Leisure Centre, can you see it?


In fifteen years of running card club I've only cancelled due to the weather on a handful of occasions. This morning was one of those.

I woke up at 5:30am, looked out of the window - freezing fog. My husband has to leave for work at 6:30am hence the early wake-up, he said the cars were thick with ice.

I need to walk the dog for at least an hour before I leave for club, that was my main problem this morning, Fletcher the dog did not want to go out! So as the time crept on I had to decide what to do, I can't leave him for over three hours unless he's had a good walk first.




So I am really sorry ladies but I had to cancel.

Eventually, the pooch got fed up of being indoors and we headed out to the beach. Thick fog and freezing cold still. All I could hear was foghorns and it was pretty creepy to be honest. The beach is just behind those bushes, I see it every day, not this morning. 

Funnily enough at this point Graham text me from work to say there was bright blue sky there and how was it at home? So I didn't want anyone to think I was skiving off for no reason, just shows how the conditions can change within a few miles.





Hopefully you're all cosy and warm and busy crafting at home. See you next week.


No comments: