Sunday 2 February 2020

Mountain



There is a little story behind this card.

A few years ago my darling Dad was diagnosed with an horrendous, life-limiting illness. Prior to this he was such a big help with my card-making clubs: helping me set up the tables and chairs, making refreshments for the ladies etc.

The nature of the illness meant dad needed full-time care, my mum vowed that she would keep him at home, as long as she possibly could, and that nothing short of her own death would stop her. Various health-care professionals told her and me that it just couldn't be done.

My mum did it. I don't know how, but she did. Inspirational, courageous, and amazing do not even begin to describe her achievement. She is super-human.

Dad is now at peace, we will miss him dreadfully. This card is for Mum. xx




No comments: