Tuesday 2 October 2012

Shaker



The first couple of years after I started card-making I had to try every new technique and trend. I was a very regular visitor at my local craft shops they must have seen me coming and got sucked into buying things that with hind-sight I really shouldn't have.
Spirelli, decoupage, accordian cards, iris-folding, tea-bag folding, one of those Fiskars shape-cutters that everyone else hated too.
And shaker cards.

I really liked the idea of shaker cards but mine always looked a bit boring: they were okay when being shaken but the rest of the time (ie 99% of the time) they were just sad.

The other day I got it into my head that I should have another go at shaker cards, no idea why, I must have been ill.
So I gave it a go but hopefully have now got it out of my system and won't attempt another one for the next decade or so.





Snowflake frame is a Sizzix die
Stamp is by Woodware
Card is midnight-blue pearlescent . I've filled the shaky bit with Diamond Dust and some Bedazzles.

No comments: