Thursday, 28 November 2013


Oh the games I had making this card!

I had an idea that I would cut a circular aperture in the front of a card. Then I was going to frame it using a scalloped die-cut. So I used the largest die from my set of Nesties to cut the aperture and then discovered that I couldn't cut a scalloped frame because the scallop circle Nesties aren't big enough, I ended up with lots of little pieces and not much else. What I should have done was cut a smaller circle in the first place but hey-ho.

I now had a card with a large circular aperture but it needed some sort of definition round the hole. I used Versamark ink to coat the actual die, lined it up carefully with the hole, and passed it through the Cuttlebug again, then quickly sprinkled with gold embossing powder.

If I'd known previously what I needed to do I would have inked the die before making the aperture, it would have done it in the one step instead of having to re-line it up etc and maybe given a neater finish.

All that done I cut the landscape piece using pearlescent white card and attached to the back of the aperture. This means I can write the greeting on the inner left side.

The card still needed something else. I decided to use some Frantage chunky white embossing enamel to mimic falling snow.
I sprinkled a small amount directly on to the card and heated from underneath (you don't need to use ink with this).

Lastly, stamped 'Merry' using a SU stamp and matching tag punch, and tied some gold elastic round the spine.

1 comment:

Hi I'm Maria... said...

oh thanks for the idea if inking the die before cutting :)

I always love when you cut and those little tags and stamps, they are so cute xx