Wednesday 5 July 2017

Congrats



My lovely friend got engaged recently and this is the card I made for her and her new fiance.
I based the colour scheme on Tiffany's the jewellers because that's what springs to mind when I think of engagement rings (not that mine came from there!)





I used the Tree Rings stamp from Stampin' Up! which I just love. It's a large background stamp (11.4 x 14.6cm) and I've heat-embossed it here with white powder.
I can see me using this stamp a lot for male cards but also for the rustic look that's in fashion at the moment  -  maybe I'll be making some wedding stationery in the next year?




The 'Congrats' die is by Cuttlebug and the hearts are an old Sizzix die. I used textured card and added just a dusting of ink round the edges (Pool Party by SU to match the card-stock)

No comments: