Monday 18 November 2019

New Home




I needed to make a 'New Home' card and was in a rush (as usual).

Initially I'd just decided to use a cut-up paint chart but the card definitely needed something else. I don't have any New Home/ Welcome dies or suitable stamps, despite my husband thinking I own every piece of stash on the market...

I had previously bought some inexpensive keys on eBay to make Santa Keys and had three or four left over so I decided to use one of these on my card.

I started with a 7 x 5" card-blank and cut off the right hand side. I couldn't adhere the key just using glue or tape as it was too heavy, so I punched four holes in the card-blank and tied ribbon through to hold the key. I have added a couple of glue dots underneath but the ribbon meant it was quite secure anyway.


The metal keys are about 30-35p each and obviously the paint charts are free, so a very quick and cheap card to make, no dies or stamps needed.




No comments: