Sunday 10 November 2019

Quilted bag




I loved this gift bag as soon as I saw the tutorial on Mixed Up Crafts.

My version uses pearlescent black card with some silver Pebeo gilding wax rubbed on. The quilted effect is from an embossing folder by Crafters Companion called "Studded Leather".

Sam used broken jewellery for her chain handle on the tutorial but I just bought a couple of metres of cheap silver chain on eBay. The split rings are from Amazon.

I used Sizzix Block Party alphabet dies to make the entwined C's for the clasp.




I wasn't trying to rip-off that very expensive designer brand when I entwined the C's.
I was making the bag as a gift for my friend Coleen. She has worked so hard for months now, making beautiful items to sell for charity, and has raised an amazing £725.

I filled the bag with some chocolates, it's fairly roomy but the handles won't take too much weight.

Now I just need to make another ten or so...



No comments: