Tuesday 5 April 2016

Stampbord




I mentioned last time that I wait quite a while before trying something out/ using new stash.
Well I bought some Stampbord ten years ago...

Actually I did take it straight out of the packet at the time and made a couple of tiles, thought it was fun, but didn't actually progress to making a card with the decorated tiles.






I'm always looking for new techniques for my card club so dusted off the bag of Stampbord again recently and had a play.
The tiles are quite thick but light-weight and you can basically apply inks, stamp them, punch holes in them etc. You can also use an etching tool to scratch off any ink you have applied so you get very fine detail white lines. The Range sell etching tools with the children's art/ toy section.

I used Colour Cloud ink on this one, then stamped a magazine freebie butterfly stamp. I scratched some small white pieces but it's not hugely noticeable - I think because the lilac ink is very pale anyway.

I then tried adding some silver Frantage embossing enamel but it was quite hard to heat as normally I hold the heat gun underneath the card to stop the enamel blowing away and with this being a thick tile you can't do that. I think it maybe would work better using normal embossing powder with a grunge-texture stamp or similar.





A little 'darker' than the kind of thing I normally make but it was fun having a play.

No comments: